Sunday, September 20, 2015

Life in the1830's

When I finished looking at the Hispanic art, I wandered to where large tents were set up.The Mountain Men and Plains People in 1830 clothing explained how outfits were made in the past. Olden weapons were shown to those interested in rifles, knives and guns. We could enter the large tent's interior and the tepee is much larger than what I thought. Traveling in those days was walking, wagons or horseback. A huge bear coat hung in front of a tent. It looked as if it would be a very warm coat but my thought was that in this day and age it would be condemned by Animal Rights. Three mountain men let me take their picture. I saw pelts of animals that were hunted and snake skins. I do not believe I would have liked to live in those days.


 
A hatchet throwing competition must have been more difficult than it looked because no one seemed to hit the target of three tree stumps. I noticed that some people missed the stumps all together! The small pretend village looked very peaceful in the wide open space. I found it fascinating to go back in time!

In the middle of the Hispanic Art and the Mountain men artifacts, I saw a Genealogy booth. I met four knowledgeable persons and we had a chat about our ancestors. Our conversation made me want to get back into searching in my past to see if I can find the missing link. When I mentioned the missing link they looked at each other and smiled. One said, "Hey, we have all been there, we all have missing links in our research."
 


No comments:

Post a Comment