Tuesday, December 26, 2017

A Holiday Get Together

It was cold outside and I did not want to go outdoors today, though I did go out and shovel the driveway and walks. It was a winter wonderland with fluffy and sparkly snow. The snow is okay, it's just the freezing cold I do not like! Today I was meeting my grandson and his girl friend for a late lunch and I was looking forward to seeing them again. We met at Amici's Italian Restaurant and I find it hard to see him as an adult because I still remember the little boy.


There are so many memories of my first grandchild and because I baby sat with him every chance I got, I was able to do many things with him. No matter what was in town for kids, I took him. It could be a play, show, rodeo, circus, parade, zoo, museum, games, swimming, or a movie. We spent a lot of time together and now here he was, twenty-one year's old; a young adult.

I wondered what we would talk about because we live in two different worlds and I do not see him that often. The young man today was easy to talk with and I love his sense of humor and how easy he gets along with  friends, waitresses, me, and his girlfriend. He reminded me of his father and yet he has his own personality.





Here I was again, stuffing food into my body. We all had "left-overs" when we couldn't eat any more of the tasty food so maybe we do know when to stop eating!

They surprised me by giving me a large Christmas bag and when I opened my gift I realized he knows me quite well. The brown, tan and black wrap was perfect because those are my favorite colors. I also liked by white, wooly mittens. When I said, "I love these colors." He nodded and said, "I know."

 I gave them their gifts, we hugged and kissed, and they were off to his other grandmother's home.  Another beautiful day filled with lots of love and affection.

"Perfect love
sometimes does not come
till the first grandchild."
Welsh Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment