The bus arrived, everyone paid their $2.60 by slipping their money in the designated slots, and we were on our way to see the lights.
After traveling through the dark for almost an hour, wondering if we were lost, trying to get Christmas caroling going even though none of us knew all the words. Partial Jingle Bells, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Silent Night, and White Christmas were sung to get into the spirit of Christmas! The bus driver knew where she was going and we arrived at Windsor Gardens, a large community with many colorful decorations scattered throughout the grounds. I tried taking pictures but the moving bus and the dirty windows did not help. I did get some colorful smears!
Our journey continued to the Denver Zoo where lights were seen in the distance, Botanic Garden with beautiful decorations, The magnificent City and County Building, Union Station, Larimer Square, and the Westminster Government complex. So many different colored lights made many oooh and aaahs!
No one minded that we were about an hour late in returning to Spirit of Christ church and I know I felt like I should get home and begin my own decorating for Christmas!
Many thanks go to the two ladies who planned the outing to see the Christmas lights!
No comments:
Post a Comment