The movie Kedi is about cats that are accepted and live in Istanbul. Seven cats are featured: Gamsiz, the player; Duman, the gentleman; Aslan, the hunter; Sari, the hustler; Bengu, the lover, Psikupat, the psycho; and Deniz, the social butterfly. One cat loves to be petted by anyone while another will not allow anyone to touch him.The cats protect each other and especially the kittens. Duman is very polite and never enters the restaurant but paws at the window until someone brings him food. I liked this cat because it seemed to have a lot of class. One uncomfortable moment was when Aslan goes after a rat though we never see the cat catch it!
A man who goes around the city feeding the cats would have eight to twelve cats milling around him waiting to be fed. The cat lovers swear that they feel better after interacting with the cats. An interesting point was that the cats pick who they want to associate with by adopting certain people to be their friend.
After watching the interesting movie, we sat down at a nicely decorated table to eat pulled pork on a bun, coleslaw, sliced dill pickles and pumpkin pie with whipped cream for dessert. I am always amazed on how many subjects we cover as we eat; books, health, travel, holidays, pets, family, sex and on and on! A Santa on a shelf, I was told, was dressed in farmer's clothing and she told me she made the outfit because she loves to garden. She has a large, beautiful yard to prove it! The Christmas tree, in a cozy room with a fireplace, is reflected on three windows making it look as if there are three trees instead of one!
What a fun evening with three friends and a cat!
"Actually, I don't hate cats,
I'm just afraid of them,"
Clay Aiken

Ah Ha! I knew you starting to like cats! They are very smart and certainly have a mind of their own...Wonderful evening with friends makes life so interesting and fun.
ReplyDeleteInteresting movie and interesting friends! I think that cats bother me because I don't understand how independent they are and how they do their own thing on their own time!
ReplyDelete