Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Burger, Fries and a Coke


 "We all need to make time
for a burger once in awhile."
Erica Durance

I do not eat meat. Most of the time I am pretty much a vegetarian but sometimes, like today, I was craving a good hamburger. I thought about the Red Robin Restaurant, Jim's Burger Haven, Larkburger, and maybe driving to Golden to an In and Out Burger. I had seen on the Internet that one would open in Golden. When I mentioned the In and Out Burger, a young man laughed and said, "That was a hoax. In and Out is a California company and I doubt that they will ever move out here."

We were standing in the Food Court at Flat Irons Mall and near the Street Legal Burgers. I asked another   man what he thought of the burgers. "They are good," he said, "and I like them a lot because they have a good sauce on them, something like thousand island dressing."

"Would you say they are better than Jim's Burger Haven?" I asked.


He replied, "They are close, but I prefer these, and they have great milk shakes."

I thanked him and got in line. It seemed to be a popular place as I waited in line. I asked the worker to put every thing on the side; sauce, onions, lettuce, and  tomato. I got a coke, ketchup for my fries, and the hamburger was served in a cardboard container.

The place reminded me of a mini-Gunther Toody's. I suppose because of the black, white, yellow and red tile or because the front of  a Chevrolet poked out of the wall.


The food court was crowded but I managed to find a table and prepared to enjoy my hamburger. The burger was good and a sign informed me that my burger was "fast, fresh and legal." If what I was eating was legal, what was an illegal burger?

"I always want to find the
best burger in town."
Dennis Quaid

1 comment: