Saturday, May 16, 2015

How Many Is Too Many?

 Crucifix is a model of a cross with a figure of Jesus Christ crucified on it.
 Merriam Webster Dictionary

Some mornings the first thing I see is the crucifix hanging on my bedroom wall. I try to remember to say a prayer as I begin my day. Sometimes I forget but the crucifix is always there to remind me. Another small crucifix hangs above the light switch and I usually say good morning or utter another prayer as I go out the bedroom door.

If I hurry out of my bedroom without seeing either crucifix in my bedroom, another crucifix is in the hall way. This one has a rosary hanging from it. As I continue to the kitchen, another crucifix is hanging to remind me of Christ's dying on the cross for me. My office wall also sports a crucifix, as well as the spare bedroom. The one in the bedroom is one that can be used when the last rites are given. The top slides open revealing an area for two small candles to be inserted, a small bottle of oil, and the two candles.

Three of the crucifixes are of someone who has died and crucifixes of my mother, aunt
and brother were given to me after the service. I don't know for sure, but I believe my father's is with my brother in the Boston area. My sister in law and I chuckle when we remember the priest handing her the crucifix. She is Jewish.

Every room in my house has Christ hanging from the cross while the front room wall is filled with crosses I have collected in my travels. They should be a reminder of my faith, prompt me to be a better person or remind me to pray though sometimes I don't see them at all.



 
"Practice mercy and forgiveness throughout as a lesson
that symbolizes the love shown through his crucifixion."
Unarine Ramara












No comments:

Post a Comment