My long time friend has two daughters and they attend Holy Family High School. One daughter graduated this year and a special party was planned for her to celebrate her graduation and her 18th birthday. And what a fun party for the young lady!

Tables were set with large pans holding chicken in a sauce, rice and beans plus a cheese tray with grapes, a green salad, a veggie tray, hot dogs with all the condiments, and nachos covered in melted cheese. The attractive dessert table was loaded with candy bars, cookies, rice pudding, marshmallow and fruit skewers, and candy.

It took the d-jay about an hour to set up all the equipment with pulsing lights, smoke, speakers, and selected music. A Mariachi band played for an hour and the girls joined in with a violin and a guitar. The graduate sang a beautiful ballad in Spanish. My thought was: These two girls are talented, sports minded, bi-lingual, friendly and have such a warmth about them. I knew the Mother had a lot to do with raising such special and neat girls.

Students, teachers, friends and family joined in sharing their thoughts about how they met the young celebrant. Things mentioned were how she lit up the halls with her smile, how positive she was, her kindness, what a pleasure to have in the classroom, her talent, a joy to be around, and how she was loved. I would have liked to have said how proud I was to see the little girl I met so long ago grow up to be such a lovely young lady but hearing all the praise and love from so many persons already had me emotional!
I liked when her step-father said: "Always

listen to your Mother and you will be all right." The music began and line dancing took over the floor. Young and old were dancing in puffs of smoke to the loud music when I left the marvelous party!
A mother raises her children and hopes for the best.
Is sad when they leave the warm nest.
She knows she did her best,
it's now up to them to do the rest!
E. Moscoso
May 23, 2015
No comments:
Post a Comment