We wandered to the Arvada Elks Club where memories flooded my brain. I remembered many nights dancing to different bands at the Elks Club. Entering the hall, nothing had changed from the many years I had been there; it looked exactly the same! The difference was that back when I went to the Elks it was crowded. Today the place seemed deserted. Eight persons sat at the bar and the place seemed to be in need of customers. Drinks were purchased and even though I do not care for alcoholic beverages (maybe a Margarita now and then) I drank a glass of Merlot for
Women carrying shopping bags full of goodies passed by and I saw a friend from my church with her bag full of gifts. I almost bought a skirt for my granddaughter for $5.00 but when I saw it wasn't hemmed, I decided not to buy it.
On my drive home, I felt as if I was blushing and my face seemed hot. When I touched my face it was cool. I could feel a heat coming from inside me and feeling very relaxed. I thought a nap would be nice. I looked in the mirror thinking my face was glowing red. It wasn't. I knew it had to be the alcohol. Whatever I was feeling was within me and it surprised me that a glass of wine could effect me in such a manner!
I enjoyed the afternoon, seeing friends I had not seen for a long time and seeing what Olde Town Arvada had to offer!
No comments:
Post a Comment