Today the past was a memory and she focused on celebrating with family and friends. The house and patio had children, teens, young adults, older folks, relatives and friends enjoying each others company and the good food. I know her because I am her mother's friend. Her father passed away in December, 2014, but I notice he is always in their thoughts. I heard him mentioned many times. "Dad would have been so proud, Dad is watching you from heaven, Dad is always with you, and I know Dad walked up with me to get my degree," were comments I heard.
congratulations to Bernie Lopez on her great accomplishment. When I asked her if she would go on for her doctorate she said, "No, now is the time to enjoy my mother and spend more time with
my family."
Her lively sister wore a mustache and is always saying and doing fun and crazy things. Dessert was a delicious cake baked by my friend's granddaughter. A zucchini cake with a light frosting and topped with cherries, strawberries, Kiwis and mangoes. My afternoon was complete being with the lovely family and eating that scrumptious dessert!
How awesome my cake made it on you post! I should have used a prettier board! Also congrats to my beautiful Aunt for being such an inspiration to all, she is my hero and I hope one day to be just like her! My Grandpa left a strong foot print of love that we all cherish every day; nothing can dim the light that shines from within.
ReplyDeleteWell said Jessica. I knew your grandfather because he and your grandmother went on 10 different pilgrimages to Chimayo, New Mexico with me. He made those trips fun and entertaining. On the last trip we took together we celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. I have many sweet memories.
ReplyDeleteAmazing! hats-off to her. She raised her family all alone and also got a degree for herself, I am so proud of her, better late than never! We are also throwing a small party for my aunt in one of the Chicago event venues because she also graduated now. Though she is not as old as her, she had some issues at her time as well.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to your aunt!
Delete