I had been invited to a picnic at one of the local parks and thought, do I want to go sit around under a tree where it may be cool or not, slap at flies or mosquitoes, watch ants try to join us, eat food that has been sitting out and listen (or talk) on subjects that might not interest me. I did not go.
Gambling sounded like fun. The mountains would be cooler and I could have fun on those slot machines. Who knows, I might even win something. I got myself together and headed out to Blackhawk. I had not driven far when I began thinking. It is hot, 91 Degrees F, a dark cloud made me wonder if it might rain or hail, I knew I shouldn't be throwing my money away, traffic was backed up, and did I really want to go gambling? I did not go.
What sounded good to me was being in my cool home, maybe reading or watching a movie, snacking when I felt like it or writing in my blog. That is why I ask, am I becoming a hermit? I enjoy sitting with my feet propped up, watching a good movie and eating pop corn much better than being out in the hot weather.
Now that I was home, I decided to write in my blog. Writing in my blog is a favorite of mine. I love when an idea enters my mind and I can develop it as my fingers type.
Maybe this evening I will go watch a firework's show and then, maybe I won't.
"The mind can weave itself warmly
in the cocoon of its own thoughts
and dwell as a hermit anywhere."
James Russell Lowell
I am with you! I would rather be home today eating popcorn, writing my blog (FINALLY!) instead of being out in the heat, fighting traffic and crowds--I don't think that means we are hermits, just needing some "down" time, some creative time in a cool house!
ReplyDeleteYour response is good to read....maybe I am not a hermit because I know you are not and yet you have similar thoughts!
ReplyDelete