Friday, January 8, 2016

A Restaurant That Looks Like a Museum

My granddaughter and I went to Buca di Beppo in Broomfield for lunch  We found out that the name means Joe's basement. When we arrived we were asked if we wanted to take a tour of the restaurant and we did! The walls are covered with photos, knick-knacks, quotes, and each room has its very own name. The Bottle Room was beautiful with Christmas lights mixed in with the bottles on the ceiling. The Pope room has religious artifacts and Pope Francis is
encased in a glass container in the middle of a large round table. Joe's room has many pictures of the heavy set man eating spaghetti. It was like being in a museum looking at all the "stuff" on the walls and on the ceiling. The waitress said, "I have worked here over a year and I still find something I have not seen!"


 
 




The food is served family style in large bowls so that meals can be shared. I ordered the Eggplant Parmigiana and a crisp mixed salad and my granddaughter ordered baked Ziti with ricotta and toasted bread crumbs on top. We got a basket of Italian bread to dip into the oil and balsamic vinegar. I read an article that mentioned that in Italy they do not serve bread with oil and vinegar. I wonder why, because it seems very popular in the Italian restaurants in the United States.

What a pleasant afternoon eating and looking around at the many photos. The two priests sharing a cigarette in the middle of many photographs made us laugh! I had never had a naked man with a Santa hat at my table but we certainly had one at this restaurant!

My granddaughter played soccer when she was younger and she liked the picture of a bride in her gown kicking a soccer ball. On the ceiling of our dining room there were many posters that sort of reminded me of the Sistine Chapel. Not the artwork, but the covered ceiling with different pictures.

I found the picture of the five young women all dressed up in strapless gowns slurping up spaghetti to be an interesting photo.

Spending time with my granddaughter is fun and Buca di Beppo was an interesting place to visit, enjoy each other's company and have lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment