
Christmas Eve, after a delicious salmon dinner, we walked the five blocks to St. Angela Merici Catholic Church. There was a Nativity scene outside and one inside to remind everyone of the birth of Christ. After the mass my family saw friends and we stood at the rear of the church wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. Since they had not seen each other for awhile, the chatting continued for about thirty minutes. When I had last seen the children, the daughter had been around seven and the son could have been nine. Now they were attractive teenagers. It was fun listening to what they had been doing since I saw them last!
As we parted ways with lots of hugs, I happened to walk past the sacristy where I saw albs hanging neatly in a row.They looked ready for the next mass!
We walked home in the damp coolness, ready to open our gifts on this special Christmas Eve where I was spending time with my family!
"It came without ribbons!
It came without tags!
It came without packages, boxes or bags!
Then the Grinch thought of something,
'Maybe Christmas,' he thought,
'doesn't come from a store....
maybe Christmas perhaps,
means a little bit more.'
Dr. Seuss
No comments:
Post a Comment