Friday, January 1, 2016

Super Juicy Dumpling

 

Whenever I visit my family in California, they take me to some of their favorite restaurants. I am never disappointed. This time they took me to the Super Juicy Dumpling restaurant near their home. It is not a large restaurant and there is a glass room where I could see two women making small pockets of dough which they filled with pork, fish or vegetables. The dough mounds resembled large heads of garlic.

An order of green beans arrived at our table and one taste is all it took. I loved those green beans prepared with tiny pieces of bacon, small red hot peppers, and seasoned with tasty spices. I found the green beans to be habit forming and I could have eaten them for my complete meal. A round metal container arrived with ten dumplings filled with vegetables. Since I never learned to eat with chopsticks, I had to ask for a fork. As I looked around the restaurants it appeared I was the only one using a fork! A white pot with hot tea complimented the delicious meal.

After eating, out came my camera for pictures of four satisfied customers! After my vacation was over and I returned home, I looked on the Internet for a similar restaurant in the Arvada area and the only restaurant that came up is the one in California. That's disappointing because this restaurant is rated highly by me and I hoped it would be a chain all over the United States! It isn't. Well, if I can't have the great tasting food here I do have some delicious memories.

"You do not sew with a fork
and I see no reason why you
should eat with knitting needles."
Miss Piggy

No comments:

Post a Comment