
An ad directing me to apply for two free meals at Cafe Rio in Boulder popped up on Facebook. Usually I

ignore such ads but yesterday I thought, what the heck! I filled in the blanks and instantly I was congratulated for winning the two lunches which included drinks. It happened to be my granddaughter's fifteenth birthday and this would be a place where we could celebrate her birthday for free! When my grandson decided to join us, I brought the ad up one more time and got another two free meals.

The day was perfect as we drove to Boulder. The flatirons looked so big and bold against the blue sky. There wasn't a lot of traffic and I had two of my favorite teen-agers in the car with me. We found the Cafe Rio and had our choice of many Mexican style meals. To me it isn't quite Mexican food but close enough. A lady behind the glass counter can be seen making fresh 12" tortillas and the huge burrito I ordered was filled with rice, beans, cheese and smothered with a green salsa. They had thee types of hot sauces: green, red and hot. The plump burrito about the size of a mini loaf of bread is run through a micro wave, more cheese sprinkled on top and lettuce and tomato is placed on the side. My grandson had a steak burrito and my granddaughter had a vegetarian one. We got our drinks that were included with our free meals and sat down on the cafeteria style seats.
A woman sat down next to me and I asked if she also had a free meal. "No, I paid for my meal." She

showed me her receipt and it was marked $7.87. She asked, "Did you get a free meal?" I explained how I had gotten our free meals and showed her my receipt with $000 on it and she said, "I may get on the Internet and try for the coupon, then my husband and I can come back tomorrow!"
After eating we drove to Trader Joe's and as part of my granddaughter's birthday present, I let her pick out a few of her favorite items; chips, salsa, chocolate bar, peanut butter, and a banana cluster cereal.
It gave me great pleasure to spend the day with my grand kids as we celebrated my granddaughter's fifteenth birthday!
"May you always be as sweet as you are now,
may you have all that you desire,
may you be happy and enjoy life
may you be healthy
may you have a happy birthday today
may God watch over you
is what I pray
for you today and always!"
Grandma E
No comments:
Post a Comment