People that can come up with new and different ideas are special people. Today, at the Young at Heart of Spirit of Christ Catholic Community, the table decorations were beautiful and clever. Each table had a different theme. Nativity scenes, bears, Santa Claus, angels, churches, and carolers surrounded by evergreen wreaths were beautiful but the two place mats on each table were striking in their cleverness! Each mat had beautiful individual pictures. I did not pay that much attention to the mats until I heard that the mats matched the display in the middle of the greenery. I took a closer look and and asked how it was done and was I surprised when I heard that the mats were made from old Christmas cards. I took a picture of the three wise men in the center of the wreath and then noticed that the place mat matched. Each table had its own theme. The Santa Claus in the middle of the evergreen was matched in the mat. Every table was different.
How clever was that? Every center piece had a colorful mat on either side which added a creative ambiance to the table.
It was impressive that all it took were old Christmas cards, using a pattern to cut the ovals, and getting all the pictures to match the center piece. The decorating committee out did themselves with their creativeness and it looked very professional.
In the center of the hall hung a picture of the Colorado mountains covered in snow. The words are from a country and western song called Colorado Christmas performed by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and John Denver. I liked the star shining above the mountains to remind us of the birth of Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment