Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas in California

There is quite a difference between California and Colorado when it comes to weather and Christmas. The decorations are basically the same and the only difference is that there might be roses growing next to an outdoor display in California and the lawns are green. In Colorado in December all plants are dead!
 
One evening I walked around the neighborhood where my family lives to try to get a feeling of Christmas. Somehow, palm trees do not remind me of the birth of Christ or Santa Claus!  Here are some of the decorations I saw as I strolled through the neighborhood in California.







I am a Colorado native and am used to being in cold weather for Christmas. Being in California, to me, does not quite feel like Christmas, though inside the house with the fresh smelling evergreen tree, the gifts underneath the tree and carols in the background it is very Christmasy. Indoors it does not matter what the weather is outside and especially when my granddaughter hugged the Christmas tree, it could have been anywhere; Colorado or California or Timbuktu! 







No comments:

Post a Comment