Thursday, December 4, 2014

Have You Ever Heard of a Larkburger?


 
When a friend of mine asked if I had ever had a Larkburger, I told her I hadn't. She suggested going to a place on 88th and Wadsworth,  beside Tokyo Joe's Japanese Restaurant and behind Wendy's.  Since I had never been there, I took her word that it had excellent burgers, even vegetarian ones, and found out she was right. We walked in, went down the passage to the ordering counter, was given a number, and sat at a high table with tall chairs. A waiter brought our food to us. The burgers and fries are served in boxes big enough to hold the burger and a smaller box for the thin, crispy fries. To think that I have passed this restaurant many times and never knew it existed! I now have a great place to take my vegetarian family for a good burger!

I had an Amy which is a roasted portabella mushroom with lettuce, tomato, caramelized onions and a house sauce. Even though I am not a vegetarian, I prefer not to eat meat and the mushroom burger was tasty. My friend ordered a delicious looking hamburger called the Larkburger made with black Angus beef with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle and house sauce. Through the Internet, I found out that the Larkburger originated in Vail, Colorado and invented by Chef Thomas Salamunovich at the World-Class Restaurant and Market in Vail.  He is known for starting many successful restaurants in Colorado. "The Larkburger isn't like any other burger. It's a celebration of flavor, a testament to taste and our Chef's dedication to quality," is a quote I found about the Larkburger on the Internet. I read where the utensils are made of potato and corn starch, packaging is made from unbleached paper pulp, and everything is eco-friendly.

The burger was just as my friend had said, excellent! What goes along with good food? Good conversation and we had plenty to talk about while we enjoyed lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment