Friday, January 30, 2015

Enemies Are All Over

I have always been a trusting person. I believe I have a good radar that lets me know who are good people and who have quirks I do not like. Today, while driving to the doctor's office, the post office, the grocery story and the bank I noticed something different about me.

Whether cars were coming from my left, or my right, behind me or in front of me, I saw them as enemies. I had the feeling that at any given moment one might turn against me and crash into me. Never in my life had I checked every vehicle on the road with such scrutiny. My eyes were constantly moving from left to right, looking behind me and checking cars coming toward me.

Maybe this is good. Maybe I had become complacent in my driving. Maybe I needed something, like a crash, to make me become more aware of my surroundings. Down deep inside I have a fear of having another accident and when I drive into my garage without any damage, it is with relief! This feeling may go away soon because it is no fun seeing everyone on the road as my enemy!

No comments:

Post a Comment