On a recent flight to California, I snapped my seat belt on, I made myself as comfortable as I could, and I looked in the pocket in front of me for the SkyMall magazine. It wasn't there. I looked at my neighbor's pocket and there was no magazine in his pocket either.

An anger came over me. Why, I thought, are people so inconsiderate and take the magazine when they get off the plane. Though I have also taken the magazine to read at home, it upset me that my copy was missing. I thought the flight attendants re-filled the pockets when passengers left the plane with the magazine. For about fifteen minutes I fumed because I really do enjoy looking through the magazine and seeing all the different, ridiculous and interesting items for sale. Items I would never buy but maybe, just maybe, I would like to have. On my return trip, again there were no magazines and I thought, I wonder if they didn't get them printed, did they forget to deliver them or are they discontinuing the magazine. I thought about asking a flight attendant, but I didn't.
This morning on a television show I saw where SkyMall Magazine is filing bankruptcy. Evidently, no one was ordering from the magazine but people were ordering on line. Therefore, the magazine is out and the Internet is in! It seems that most people just look up SkyMall on their electronic devices and order on line. I looked on the Internet and read:
SkyMall catalog can be ordered on line. Order your SkyMall catalog today and treat yourself to the convenience of our print catalog. So those that want a hard copy can still get one as of today. Who knows what will happen in the future! Or one can look at the pictures on line and order whatever is wanted or needed.
Now I know why there were no Sky Mall Magazines on the planes!
No comments:
Post a Comment