Tuesday, January 27, 2015

It Could Have Been Worse

A thought crossed my mind about whether our Guardian Angels age along with us. Could it be that my Guardian Angel might be slowing down and not watching over me as carefully as she used to in the past? Could it be that she is forgetful about certain things? Maybe she has aches and pains and is concerned about her health. As I thought these thoughts I felt guilty that doubt about my protector should even enter my mind. I know that my guardian angel still watches over me.

Everything that happens to me, that I think shouldn't have, could always have been a lot worse. I am sure that my Guardian Angel can do nothing about events that may happen but she does watch that they aren't so bad that I would be in terrible danger.  My favorite saying is, "it could have been worse!"

The Internet informs me that Guardian Angels have been around since the year 400. Growing up my parents told me that my Guardian Angel watched over  me. Movies have been made about Guardian Angels.
A few things have happened in my life that made me realize that I do have a Guardian Angel watching over me as she saved me from something bad that might have happened.

A definition of a Guardian Angel in About Religion: Guardian Angels are the angels who spend the most amount of time caring for human beings. They watch over people during people's entire lives on earth and their primary job is to protect people from spiritual and sometimes physical danger.

Psalm 91:11 "For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." I do not need further proof  about Guardian Angels and I am sorry I  had those silly thoughts running through my head. Anyway, it did give me an idea for my blog!

Angel of God,
my guardian dear, 
to whom His love
entrusts me here,
ever this day be at my
side, to light and guard
to rule and guide.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment