Lesson 1 was the Basic of Screen Writing; Lesson 2 explained "what is a story." Every story needs a protagonist, goals, conflict, stakes, and log line. Frank Daniels, I have no idea who he is, explained a story as: Somebody wants something badly and is having difficulty getting it.
Friday, January 23, 2015
Screen Writing
For Christmas this year I was given a computer class, Industrial Scrips, Screen Writing and Screen Play Consultants, on how to write screen plays. "I know how much you like writing and thought you would like this gift," my son said to me. It is twenty-nine lessons and I am tested at the end of each lesson. So far, I have taken three lessons and passed them. I already knew some of the information due to my interest in writing.
Lesson 1 was the Basic of Screen Writing; Lesson 2 explained "what is a story." Every story needs a protagonist, goals, conflict, stakes, and log line. Frank Daniels, I have no idea who he is, explained a story as: Somebody wants something badly and is having difficulty getting it.
Lesson 3 was an eye-opener for me. I learned how to set up a page for screen writing and that was entirely new to me. I never knew how picky editors can be and how setting up a page with its margins, caps, font size and lingo is very important. I always thought that if the story was good, someone else would do the screen script. Now, I am finding out there is a certain way it needs to be done or the script may never get read. I know this course will help me if I ever decide to write a screen play.
Lesson 1 was the Basic of Screen Writing; Lesson 2 explained "what is a story." Every story needs a protagonist, goals, conflict, stakes, and log line. Frank Daniels, I have no idea who he is, explained a story as: Somebody wants something badly and is having difficulty getting it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment