Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Fun Lunch and Beautiful Sunset

January 5, 2015 is a good day to remember. I met my thirteen year old granddaughter for lunch at Olive Garden Country Kitchen. The food was good and our conversation better.

Warm bread sticks, minestrone soup loaded with vegetables, crisp salad, egg plant Parmigiana and raspberry lemonade left no room for the delicious looking desserts like Tiramisu, cheesecake, lemon cream cake, black tie mousse cake, fried doughnut like bread dipped in chocolate called Zappoli, or Apple Tuscan Bread pudding.

We took some selfies and laughed at some of our weird expressions!
 
We talked about her new black and white puppy, Beans. We told each other what we did for Christmas. She told me about some of her friends and we remembered things we had done in the past. I told her about her cousins in California and how different Christmas seems to be in a warm place. It was a delightful lunch and then we went to J.C. Penny so she could shop for some clothes. While in California I had taken my two granddaughters shopping and I wanted to do the same for my Colorado granddaughter. We wandered through the store looking around until she found two t-shirts she liked. I told her how when she was little I could buy her what I liked and she would be happy. Now, she has her own tastes and needs to pick out her own choices. I saw many things I would have liked to see on her but she shook her head and said, "No grandma, that's not me."

Since I was away for Christmas and did not get to see her before the holidays, I gave her a Christmas gift with a note Do Not Open Until Christmas.  We were both tired after our shopping and we both said we would take a nap! After dropping her off at her home I got on the computer and found a Facebook message from her thanking  me for the day.

Later in the day, I opened my front door to see if the snow had melted from my driveway and was greeted by a beautiful sunset. Puffy pink/lavender/blue/grey clouds were puffy and colorful and I thanked God for letting me see such natural beauty. God is so good.

I could not have asked for a better day. Spending time with my granddaughter and then finishing the day with the gorgeous sunset.The day was perfect!


1 comment: