
Yesterday, fifty five persons boarded the Pacesetter Bus to go to the Mardi Gras Casino to celebrate New Year's Eve in Blackhawk. Everyone was excited, everyone had hopes of winning, and every one seemed full of cheer. Two persons brought goodies to pass around and the bus was full of happy people chattering! We are fortunate to have an excellent bus driver who gets us to the casino and back home safely.

We were greeted by a Mardi Gras employee who gave us each a blue plastic bag filled with a voucher that would help with our lunch, beads, and once we played awhile we could collect $5.00. As usual, some win and some don't but all seemed to have a great time. I saw people talking to machines, some rubbing the buttons a certain way, and some just hitting the buttons as fast as they could. For once I was lucky and returned home with the money I had taken up which means I played with their money. Always a good feeling! I now have a favorite machine called El Tango de Oro and even if I do not win, I love the tango music! My second favorite is the Wheel of Fortune and seeing all the flashing lights and loud noises when I hit the right combinations!

At 12 Noon we were served champagne, given noise makers and sparkling hats and after lunch we continued playing. At 3:00 p.m. as we got on the bus to return home we were given a chocolate candy bar. Some people bring bags of pop corn to eat on the return trip home.

A sheet is passed around for the next visit to Blackhawk and already the January trip is filled up by those who signed up on the bus.
HAPPY NEW YEAR AND
MAY 2015 BRING YOU
MORE LUCK AT THE
MARDI GRAS CASINO!
No comments:
Post a Comment