Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Colorful Skies

Ever since I was a little girl, I used to love to look at the red sky, either in the morning or evening. Once, driving to Greeley with my Mother, I kept looking toward my left where the Rocky Mountains were silhouetted against a reddish-orange sky. My Mother said, "Keep your eyes on the road, stop looking at the sunset or we may never get to where we are going!" Many times, seeing the beautiful colors on the large sky canvas, tears would flow and I thanked God for allowing me to see such an extraordinary sight!

On vacations to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, I thought the sunsets were the most beautiful I had ever seen. How I loved to see the bright yellow sun sink below the horizon. Many vacations and many sunsets later, I still remember that special feeling I felt as the ocean turned a pinkish color along with the sky.

Lately, I am beginning to realize that Colorado has some pretty spectacular skies also. The year 2015, two days in a row, I saw a sky with many colors.

January 5, I opened my front door to see if the snow had melted from my driveway and what a surprise the sky gave me. It was as if God had stirred up the clouds with different colors.
 

January 6 around 5:20 p.m. I looked out my front door to see what the sky was doing and I was surprised to see the sky lit up in orange, lavender, with a tint of blue and grey.



The beautiful skies reminded me of a story about how someone searched and searched for something to make him happy. When he returned home he realized that home was where his happiness was found.

"When I admire the wonders of 
a sunset or the beauty of the
moon, my soul expands in the
worship of the Creator."
Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment