Thursday, July 17, 2014

Books, Books and More Books

A year ago, a reader friend of mine mentioned a new bookstore that he enjoyed visiting in Parker, CO. He exclaimed,  "Cheap books and sometimes, I get free books!" He didn't remember the name but said "Charles" was in the name of the store. A few months ago, another reader friend, mentioned that at Flatirons Mall, there was a large bookstore, where Borders had once been, named 2nd and Charles and there were many used and new books for cheaper prices.

Yesterday, I visited my first 2nd and Charles bookstore and everything I
had heard, is true. It is huge, with shelf after shelf filled with books. The books are organized by genres of mysteries, self-help, historical, art, romance, westerns, spiritual, music, religion and pretty much about whatever subject that has ever been written. The store has two floors where readers can spend hours looking for a favorite book.

2nd and Charles is a branch of Books-A-Million (BAM) from Birmingham, Alabama and BAM is considered the second largest bookstore in the United States, after Barnes and Noble. They buy books, Cd's, DVDs, vinyl records, video games, comics, I-Pads/Pods, e-readers and audio books. I also saw guitars for sale hanging on a wall, posters and small movie toys.






Outside are bins with FREE books, but since I was late for an appointment, I did not stop to see what was in the bins.  It is a dangerous place for anyone who is a reader because readers love to buy books! Also, books can be purchased without spending a lot of money. I ended up buying an Isabel Allende book for $4.00.  I know I will return to 2nd and Charles when I decide to buy more books.

Today I took a musical, six polka, and three Spanish Cd's. I was offered $3.28 for them or $5.00 credit. I took the credit.



No comments:

Post a Comment