
I know I am in California when I see palm trees, a Butterfly bush and a blooming cactus!



Colorado cousin is on the left and the two California sisters are on the right. We arrived in CA on June 25, 2014 to visit family and to have two of the granddaughters attend the VidCon Conference in Anaheim, a few blocks from Disneyland.While the two were at the Conference, my seventeen year old granddaughter drove us to the mall to do some shopping. She purchased a dress and sandals for a wedding she will be attending. My son-in-law came home with lots of cards and notes wishing him good-luck and best wishes from students and teachers at Horace Mann where he will be leaving his position as principal.

I enjoyed the visit to MOLAA (Museum of Latin American Art) in Long Beach even though there was only one gallery open of Manuel Carrillo's photographs. There were some very interesting shots of simple every day things.
While waiting for the two granddaughters to call to be picked up from VidCon, my other granddaughter and I went to movies. We were trying for a "trifecta", but only got to see Chef (excellent) and Jersey Boys (good). When I had all three girls together, we goofed around. I call this photo,
Girls With Dark Glasses.
On Sunday we drove to Dana Point to see the ocean and to visit my son-in-law's parents. Locale beautiful, weather perfect, conversation interesting, and food tasty;

what more could we want?



The visit to California was fun and relaxing.The three days the girls attended VidCon allowed them see all the "stars" they wanted to see, and I enjoyed spending time with my family and having the newest driver in the family chauffeur me around. The day before it would be time to return to Colorado, the girls were driven to Disneyland by their Dad for another fun-filled day! We met them at Disney Walk for lunch and they told us all about the exciting rides they had ridden!

The following day we said our goodbyes, hugged everyone, gave our heartfelt thanks, and flew home via Southwest Airlines. I knew I now had many more memories to add to my Sponge Full of Thoughts!
No comments:
Post a Comment