The main reason I love California is because part of my family lives there. The other part of my family lives in Colorado. Another reason California appeals to me is the many flowers that seem to sprout up all over in yards, patios, along the highway, and in pots. Also, when it is the season, the orange and lime trees. The first time I saw orchards of oranges, I could not believe my eyes at the many beautiful orange globes hanging from the trees. When my daughter asked me to go help her pick limes from a friend's home, I saw the tree loaded with the green limes. Even though we picked a large basket of limes, the tree still had plenty left on its branches. One day, on the kitchen counter, I saw oranges and limes that had just been picked and thought it would make a neat photo. I snapped a few shots and was pleased with the color of the fruit.
When my daughter's mother-in-law saw the photograph, she decided to do a watercolor of the photo. When it was finished, she framed it and gave it to me as a gift. I found out that she is an artist in her own right and some of her artwork hangs in her house. I marvel at people with artistic talent and how they can make a painting look so real. My California granddaughters must be so proud to have a Mother and a Grandmother who are artists.
I now have my photograph, and her painting, hanging in my kitchen. I love the colors, green and orange, and find that looking at the oranges and limes brings back memories of time spent in California.

No comments:
Post a Comment