Rocio, Fatima, Ruben, Margarita, and Martin were in my Kinder class in 1992 and the last time I visited Santa Maria del Mexicano, Martin was eighteen years old and in the military.The other children were no longer living at the home and I often wonder what ever happened to them.
***
While in Germany, one of my favorite places was Heidelberg. I found Germany to be a clean and neat country. Every bush was trimmed, grass was mowed, and the rodeways tidy. My pictures of Germany hung on my office wall, along with some of my other travels, and someone remarked, "Coming into your office is like being on vacation."
Two buildings with exact opposite fronts, a street in a village in Germany, and Heidelberg on the hill are some of my favorite photos. Heidelberg castle has been around since the 1200's! The River Neckar flows along the town of Heidelberg. Seeing these pictures, and remembering my visit, gives me a feeling that someday I would like to return to beautiful Germany.
"One travels more usefully
when alone, because he
reflects more."
Thomas Jefferson
No comments:
Post a Comment