On July 4, 2014, I drove to Greeley, Colorado for my traditional viewing of the 92nd Greeley Stampede Independence Day Parade that supposedly is one of the biggest parades in Colorado! I parked in the St. Peter's Catholic Church parking lot and walk 3/4 of a block to where I usually put my chair down. This year, my usual spot was full, so I asked the gentleman sitting with a lady and her

two children if I could share their space. They were very gracious and before long we were friends commenting on Greeley, parades, schools, etc. He is retired from the Greeley Sheriff's Department and she and her children are moving to Greeley from Louisiana.
This year, with the legalization of marijuana, I thought I might get whiffs of the plant, but there was no "weedy" smell at all. I did smell manure as horses and steers went marching down the parade route!
Happy 4th of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment