I never polish my nails. There was a time when I did, but it seemed as if the polish would wear off and then I would have to re-do my nails. I decided that plain, uncolored nails would work just fine for me. That is, until my fifteen year old granddaughter, with lots of begging and urging, asked to color my fingernails. I told
her to go ahead, and "do your thing." I almost changed my mind when she said, "Do you want purple, green or sparkles?" My question was, "Don't you have nice subtle, normal colors?" I forget that normal means something different to teen-agers!
"Oh, you will love this green," she replied and began to carefully apply a green color on my nails. After the coat dried, she got another bottle and began to put another coat but this coat was sparkly. "I don't think I need sparkles, the green is enough and it matches my turquoise ring." Her response was, "Wait until you see how pretty your nails will be when I am finished."

She decided to do my toenails and evidently that polish is one color going on but in the sunlight it changes color. All my nails had either green, sparkly, pink or dark red. Now, no matter what I do, like point at a calendar, read in my Kindle, turn on stove, drink water, use a remote, type on the computer, and so on, my thoughts go to the wonderful time I spent in California with my granddaughters and especially of the granddaughter putting color on my nails!

No comments:
Post a Comment