My project of removing pictures from frames continues with more memories filling my brain! The pictures of my son are from a collage of photographs. I had one large frame for my son, one for my daughter and one for me. My son as a baby has an expression that seems to be telling me, "Just wait and see what I have in store for you!" Other pictures of his era are his long, spiked hair phase, with a friend who passed away too soon, my mother holding her first grandson, beginning soccer and fishing in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
My pictures are from 1938 to 1988 and on the back of the picnic picture is written: I will never forget this day. Sad to say, I do not remember why that day was so special; looks like a regular picnic to me. What does amaze me is that I am sitting on the ground, which I can no longer do! I do recall celebrating my 50th birthday, crowning our Blessed Mother, my wedding day, high school graduation, in my forties and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
When my grandchildren arrived, their pictures covered two walls in my bedroom. I decided to downsize to four pictures of my grandchildren. Looking at the photos, I realize how fast time flies and I remember my Father saying about my children, "Enjoy them now because they will grow up too fast and be gone!" He was right.
My daughter is shown in the mountains, with her hair permed, wrapped in a leopard skin, playing soccer and volleyball, graduating from Regis, and wearing my earings!
Now that three frames have been emptied of pictures, I will continue finding more framed pictures to put in my blog. This has turned out to be more of a task than I had imagined, but more interesting than I would have thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment