

As I was checking out of the grocery store today, I saw a display of three Cracker Jack boxes taped together for one dollar. The boxes were smaller than in the past. Growing up, I loved eating the caramel covered popcorn and finding a surprise in the box. The outside still has a picture of a sailor with a dog while inside the
box I found four peanuts even though the propaganda on the outside of the box lets me know t
he caramel coated popcorn is packed with tasty nuts and there is a cool prize inside! The box also informs me of,
"The snack America has loved for over 120 years!" I remember lots of sugary peanuts in the boxes
of the past that I would save until the very end to eat!
I purchased the three boxes and saw that on the box it let me know it was the
original Cracker Jack. Opening one of the boxes the smell was the same as I remembered; salty, sort of burnt brown sugary, and syrupy sweet.
The sweet, crunchy popcorn tasted the same yet there weren't any small plastic toys inside the box. Instead, I got a small square of paper I had to pull apart for my prize of a Rockies Baseball sticker and some information on the baseball team.

It was strange that on the box there was a note:
Popcorn enlarged to show texture. Yet, the popcorn inside the box was the same size of the picture of the enlarged popcorn. Maybe the three boxes taped together equaled one box from the past. Even with all the differences, I did enjoy my small box of Cracker Jack!
No comments:
Post a Comment