
I took my granddaughters to the annual St. Anne's Bazaar this past weekend. The California grand-kids had never been to a Colorado Bazaar and they were curious as to what happens at our bazaars. My Colorado grandchild, tries to go every year to try and win a ham, block of cheese or a salami roll. She is pretty lucky and this time it was no different. After a few tries, the wheel stopped on her number and she chose a long salami. After a few more tries, my son won a large spaghetti bowl with four bowls. The California girls told me that their "bazaar" has carnival rides and a concert with no games. One of the girls enjoyed playing the "cakewalk." On Friday, she did not win anything but on Sunday she held a winning number and chose four gourmet cupcakes.

On Friday, we ran into my son and he entertained us by his crazy antics. At one of the games, if he had broken three dishes with a softball he would have won a gigantic stuffed animal, an elephant or a whale. He broke two and we all hoped the third plate would be broken also, but it didn't happen. I played pickles and won $5.00 and one of my granddaughters won $1.00. Somehow, the food seems to taste better at the bazaar and two of us ate delicious Italian sausage sandwiches, another ate a smothered tamale and a dilly bar, and I had a Frita bread with sugar and cinnamon.

On Sunday we returned to the bazaar to drop off my raffle tickets with the hope that maybe I would win $5000 but it didn't happen. I let my grandchildren know that a few year ago I did win the $2000 raffle at the bazaar and maybe that was my limit!
Somehow, I do not mind spending money at the Bazaar because I know it goes to the church or the school. It is a great way to pass a pleasant and fun time, maybe win some prizes, and sometimes run into old friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment