Saturday, July 19, 2014

King Arthur and Farrah Fawcett

Why would King Arthur and Farrah Fawcett be paired? The answer to that question is because they are both in my unfinished basement. One on a wall and the other on a shelf. As a young child, my son loved the story of King Arthur and I happened to find an old book about Arthur. As a young adult, my son loved Farrah Fawcett and I am sure he spent a lot of time looking at her. My son is long gone with his own life, but the book and poster are still in the basement.

The book is falling apart but I just can't bear to get rid of it. For awhile, the book was at my son's home for his son (my grandson) so that he could also enjoy the book but when they moved, I brought it back to my house. The original copyright is 1880 by Charles Scribnor's Sons and the illustrations are in full color.


Farah just keeps on smiling from her spot on the drywall!





No comments:

Post a Comment