This is the story of my trash
that my disposal company did not want to take.
I went out to speak to the father and son
and they told me they would not take construction junk.
And that's when my heart swiftly sunk.
I explained there were bookcase shelves,
part of a wooden planter,
old screens and odds and ends.
The trash man shook his head and said,
"That's a special pickup, you
have to call for another pickup."
I explained I had spoken
to someone at the office,
told her I had lots of junk,
and I suggested she send some one
out to pick things up before my
regular pickup. All she said was that
everything would be picked up on
on my regular day.
I must have had a sad look as I looked upon the mess
because the man said, "If you have
something cold to drink, we will take all of it."
I said, "I have beer." He laughed
and said, "We can't drink on the job."
I asked, "Tea?" He said that would
be great so I brought out two glasses
with a pitcher of iced tea
and now all my trash is gone,
disappeared from the area on my lawn.
disappeared from the area on my lawn.
The father and son team were very nice,
and next week I will leave
and next week I will leave
them some cold pop
before they pick up my weekly trash.
A cold drink is a small price to pay
for two helpful men on any day!
No comments:
Post a Comment